Built in 1971, by Breaux's Bay Craft Incorporated of Loreauville, Louisiana (hull #1230) as the Scout for the Anderson Petroleum Transportation Company of Houston, Texas.
In 1976, the tug was acquired by Palmer Barge Line Incorporated of Nederland, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Richard S. Palmer.
In 1985, she was acquired by the Marlin Marine Fleeting Company of Dickinson, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as the K. Lorraine.
In 1986, the tug was burned in a fire.
In 2002, she was rebuild by Sneed Shipbuilding Incorporated of Orange, Texas.
In 2002, the rebuilt tug was acquired by Marine Rental Incorporated of Orange, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as Jacob B.
In 2003, she was acquired by Breathwit Marine Contractors Limited of Dickinson, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2015, the tug was acquired by Brown Water Marine Service Incorporated of Ingleside, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Brown Water XIV.
Re powered in 2000, the tug is powered by two Cummins KTA38-M2 diesel engines. With Twin Disc reduction gears at a ratio of 5:1. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 2,000 horsepower.