Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login

Built in 1898, by Marine Industries of Sorel, Quebec as the Mathilda for the Sincennes McNaughton Company of Montreal, Quebec.

In 1959, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.

In 1969 the tug was phased out of active service and “laid up”.

In 1970, the tug was donated to the South Street Seaport Museum of New York, New York.

In 1976, she sank at her pier in Manhattan, New York. She was raised, salvaged and stored on a pier on the West Side of Manhattan.

In 1983, the tug was placed as a Museum piece along Roundout Creek in Kingston, New York., as an exhibit in the Hudson River Maritime Museum. Her exterior was restored in 1988.

  • Vessel Name: MATHILDA
  • USCG Doc. No.: C107410
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Hull Material: IRON
  • Ship Builder: Marine Industries
  • Year Built: 1898
  • Length: 70.2
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 10.4
  • Hull Breadth: 20.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 114
  • Net Tonnage: 69
  • Previous Vessel Names:
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Vincennes McNaughton Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co., South Street Seaport Museum