In the late 1800’s Charles Suderman and Ben Dolson began stevedoring operations in Galveston, Texas. With the acqusition of the first steam tug Louise . Suderman and Dolson began to shift cargo handling deck barges. As the need for tugboat and towing services grew, the Louise began assisting ships in Galveston harbor.
In 1916, John Young purchased Dolson’s portion of the company, adding six tug boats to the fleet including the first diesel tug vessel to operate on the Texas Gulf Coast. In 2001, Suderman and Young merged and combined their tugboat fleet with the Intracoastal Towing and Transportation Company's fleet.