Founded in 1920, as the Corson and Gruman Company a family-owned asphalt contractor based in in Washington, D.C. The company operated an asphalt plant located on the Georgetown waterfront.
In 1970, the Corman Construction Incorporated was founded as a utility contractor, and a sister company to the Corson and Gruman Company. In the 1980's when the Corman Construction Company expanded into the heavy civil road, and bridge markets forming two divisions; the Bridge and Utility. the Corson and Gruman Company was phased out of business and Corman’s offices relocated to the current corporate headquarters in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
Corman Constriction operates in the mid-Atlantic region, with the branch office locations in addition to the company's corporate Annapolis Junction office to cover Delaware, Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia and parts of North Carolina.