Built in 1952, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #340) as the Marie J. Turecamo for the Turecamo Harbor and Coastal Towing Corporation of New York, New York.
In 1993, the tug was later acquired by the for the R.J. Casho Marine Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the Marie J.
In 1994, she was acquired by Coastline Marine Towing Incorporated of Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by the DonJon Marine Company of Hillside, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the William E.
In 2019, she was phased out of active service and was "laid up" at Newark, New Jersey.
She was powered by a single, EMD 12-567 diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.