Built in 1951, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #335) as the Lester J. Gillen for the Henry Gillen's Sons Lighterage Company of New York, New York.
The tug was later acquired Gellatly Petroleum and Towing Corporation of Hopewell Junction, New York. Where she was renamed as the Peter F. Gellatly.
She was eventually by interests based in the Caribbean, Virgin Islands. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown.