Built in 1978, by the Bollinger Machine Shop of Lockport, Louisiana (hull #114) as the Marc G. for Gilbeau Marine Incorporated of Cut Off, Louisiana.
In 1992, the tug was acquired by Gisclair Marine Incorporated of Cut Off, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Katrina G.
In 2003, she was acquired by the Dann Marine Towing Company of Chesapeake City, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Calusa Coast.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645-E2 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAV 1850 reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.0:1. Turning two, 95(in) by 90(in), fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. For a rated 3,400 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 75kW, Delco E7340, generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Inline 6-71 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 72,000 gallons of fuel oil, 1,700 gallons of lube oil, 2,700 gallons of waste oil, 18,000 gallons of water.
The towing gear consists of an INTERcon, DD-200 towing winch. Outfitted with 2000(ft) of 2(in) towing wire.