Built in 1956, by Main Iron Works Incorporated at Houma, Louisiana as the A.B. Cenac Jr. for the Cenac Towing Company Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana.
She was later acquired by Donelan Marine Towing Incorporated of North Weymouth, Massachusetts. Where she retained her name.
The tug was then acquired by Terry Contracting and Materials Incorporated of Riverhead, New York. Where she was renamed as the J.S. Humphreys II.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.