Built in 1970, by McDermott Shipyard of Morgan City, Louisiana (hull #170) as the tug Luke Z. Defelice.
Defelice was bought out by Gulf fleet who was merged into Zapata Gulf and then eventually bought by Tidewater.
The tug was later acquired by the Morania Oil Tanker Corporation where she was renamed as the Morania No. 2.
When Penn Maritime and the Morania Oil Tanker Corporation merged, the tug was renamed as the Penn No. 2.
In 2010, the tug was acquired by Dann Marine Towing of Chesapeake City, Maryland where she was renamed as the Coral Coast.
Powered by two General Motors EMD 12-645E2 diesel engines with Falk 1230 reduction gears at a ratio of 4:1 turning two 108(in) by 81(in) propellers for a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 99kW John Deere generators. The tug's capacities are 100,000 gallons of fuel oil, 3,420 gallons of lube oil, 1,400 gallons of waste oil, 570 gallons of gear oil, and 8,900 gallons of water.
The towing equipment consists of a Markey Double Drum with 2000(ft) of 2(in) wire on each drum, with 1 1/2(in) wire rollers on stern.
(Captain Eric Takakjian)