Built in 1943 by George Lawley and Son at Neponset, Massachusetts as the DPC-5 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Intracoastal Towing and Transportation Company of Houston, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Titan.
She was later acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug was later acquired by Westar Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Taurus.
She is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate is not currently known.