Built in 1938, by the John H. Mathis and Company Shipbuilders of Camden, New Jersey (hull #124) as the S. T. Kiddoo for Spentonbush Fuel Transport Service, Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York.
The tanker was later acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York where she was renamed as the Mary A. Whalen.
In 1994, she was placed out of service, due an engine crankshaft problem. Shortly Thereafter The Tanker Was Sold To Erie Basin Associates.
Presently, however she is owned By Portside New York, as a museum ship. In May, 2011, she was eligible to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The unit had a capacity of 8,019 barrels, she was single screw powered by a single Fairbanks Morse main engine.