Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
EUGENE F. MORAN (1944)

Built in 1944, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull #330) as the LT 534 for the United States Army.

In 1947, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Eugene F. Moran.

In 1947, the tug was acquired by an Argentinian interest. Where she was renamed as the Captain Rey. The tug was sold, where she was renamed as the Trueno del Plata.

Her current, and, or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated 1,900 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: EUGENE F. MORAN (1944)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 253071
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 330
  • Ship Builder: LEVINGSTON SHIPBUILDING
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 135.6
  • Hull Depth: 14.6
  • Hull Breadth: 33.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 493
  • Net Tonnage: 184
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    LT-534, Eugene F. Moran, Capitan Rey, Trueno del Plata
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army, Moran Towing Co.