Built in 1919, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Baltimore, Maryland (hull #90) as the Ludington Patton for the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
The tug was later acquired by the Bouker Contracting Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Bouker No. 6.
In 1972, she was acquired by G.W. Whiteman, Incorporated of Gretna, Louisiana. Where she was renamed A.W. Whiteman.
In 1979, the tug was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Shannon Smith.
In 1980, she was acquired by the River Parishes Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Ascension.
In 2007, the River Parishes Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2011, she was acquired by Overseas Logistics Maritime of Metairie, Louisiana. However, the tug is no longer listed in documentation.
Her current and or final disposition is unknown. In 1919, the tug was converted from a single steam engine. To a single GM 16-645E5 diesel, engine. With a Western reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.2:1. For a rated 2,800 horsepower.
(Dave Boone, Wallace Rosser, Sven Vilborg)