Built in 1941, by Bethlehem Steel of Beaumont, Texas (hull #249) as the William J. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1968, the tug was acquired by the Morania Oil Tanker Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Morania No. 14.
She was later sold. Where the tug was renamed as the Chumley.
In 1992, she was acquired by Bruce Ingram of Groton, Connecticut. Where the tug was renamed as the Islander.
In 2001, the tug was acquired by the Typhoon Corporation of Tiverton, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the Goose II.
In 2005, she went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. The tug was single screw, rated at 750 horsepower.