Built in 1938, by Dafoe Shipyard of Bay City, Michigan (hull #161) as the as Thomas E. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YN-46 (Namontack) a Yard Net Tender. The tug was allocated to the New York Navy Yard and placed into service on March 18th, 1941.
However, she was later allocated to the Commandant of the 5th Naval District at Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was reclassified as a Net Tender Tug YNT-14 on May 1st, 1942. And then as the YTB 738. She was placed out of service on August 21st, 1946.
In 1947, the tug was returned the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed Thomas E. Moran. However, she was later renamed as the Harriet Moran.
In 1975, she was acquired by the Wallin Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Viking.
In 1993, the tug was acquired by Georgetown Towing Incorporated of Georgetown, South Carolina. Where the tug was renamed as the Georgetown.
In 1999, Georgetown Towing Incorporated was acquired by McAllister Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Sharon Elizabeth
In 2005, the tug was acquired by the Zenith Tug Boat Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she was renamed as the Statesboro.
In 2006, she was acquired by Busch Marine Services of Freeland, Michigan. Where initially the tug retained her name. However in 2007, the tug was renamed as the Barbara Merry Busch.
Powered by a single Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug. However, she is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.
(NavSource Online, Todd Shorkey)