Built in 1943, by Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas (hull #307) as the ATR-91 for the United States Navy.
The tug was delivered to the Navy on October 22nd, 1943. She never saw service for the United States Navy. Although, the tug was transferred under the Lend-Lease Act, to the United Kingdom. Where she was commissioned as the HMS Patroclus (W-118).
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Kevin Moran.
In 1959, she was acquired by the Pacific Inland Navigation Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Mohawk.
In 1973, the tug was acquired by the General Marine Company Limited of Singapore. Where she retained her name.
In 1976, she was acquired by the Puget Sound Steamship Company of San Francisco, California. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by General Marine International Services Incorporated of Panama. Where she retained her name.
In 1985, she was acquired by Crowley International Incorporated of Panama. Where the tug retained her name.
Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was powered by a single, Fulton Iron Works vertical, triple expansion, reciprocating steam engine. With two, Babcock and Wilcox "D" type boilers, rated at 200(psi). Turning a single, fixed pitch, propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.
The tug's electrical service was provided by two 60kW, 120V, turbo drive, ships service generators. Her capacities where 1,620 barrels of fuel.