Built in 1937, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #117) as the Eugenia M. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by the the tug was acquired by the Puerto Rico Lighterage Company of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Where she was renamed as the John E. Berwind.
In 1964, she was sold and renamed as the Janet Thomas. And, then as the Providence.
In 1976, the tug was sold and renamed as the Brownsville. And, then as the Sturgeon.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,350 horsepower.