Built in 1898, by the Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #909) as the Alfred W. Booth for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
On April 25th, 1898 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YT-15 (Massasoit).
On September 18th, 1930 she was placed in inactive status. And, decommissioned, on February 7th, 1931 at Norfolk, Virginia. In 1933, she was towed to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to be "laid up." On December 17th, 1936 she was struck from the Naval Register.
In 1937, the tug as acquired by the Herman-Spector Towing Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the W.H. Hoodless.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.