Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
MARQUETTE

Built in 1942 by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana as the Lt. Col. John H. Adams (hull #134) for the United States Army.

In 1949, she was transferred to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to operate in the Duluth District, where the tug was renamed as Marquette.

In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Naval and Maritime Museum of Chicago, Illinois, where she retained her name.

In 1996, she was acquired by Robbie Shipping of Key West, Florida, where the tug was renamed as the Mona Larue.

In March, 2006, the tug's documentation expired. Her current and/or final disposition is unknown.


  • Vessel Name: MARQUETTE
  • USCG Doc. No.: 672262
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 8951968
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WCW8242
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 134
  • Ship Builder: EQUITABLE EQUIPMENT
  • Year Built: 1942
  • Length: 97.7
  • Hailing Port: KEY WEST FL
  • Hull Depth: 11
  • Hull Breadth: 25
  • Gross Tonnage: 143
  • Net Tonnage: 97
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Lt. Col. John H. Adams, Marquette
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army, United States Army Corps of Engineers, Great Lakes Naval and Maritime Museum ROBBIES SHIPPING AGCY & PORT SVCS