Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
EDMOND MORAN

Built in 1906, by Neafie and Levy Ship, and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia Pennsylvania as the Camden for the United States Enrichment Corporation.

In 1906, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Edmond Moran.

In 1912, she was acquired by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. Where the tug was renamed as the Venus.

The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: EDMOND MORAN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 203547
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: Neafie & Levy Ship & Engine Building Company
  • Year Built: 1906
  • Length: 72.5
  • Hull Depth: 8.4
  • Hull Breadth: 20.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 107
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Camden, Edmund Moran, Venus
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Enrichment Corporation, Moran Towing Co., United States Army Corps. of Engineers