Built in 1956, by the Dravo Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #3596) as the Papa Guy for the Piney Point Transportation Company of Chesapeake, Virginia.
In 1980, the Piney Point Transportation Company renamed the tug as the M. Jeanne Dudley.
In 1997, the Piney Point Transportation Company was acquired by the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Thomas Gaither.
Named for Thomas G. Gaither, the Chief Operating Officer of the Vane Brothers Company.
In 2005, the tug acquired by Porteadores Del Noroeste S.A. DE C.V. of Porteadores, Mexico. Where she was renamed as the Ponosa V.
Equipped with a hydraulically operated, elevating, wheelhouse. The tug was powered by two, Caterpillar diesel engines. She was a square bow, twin screw, push boat rated at 2,500 horsepower.