Built in 1886, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #271) as the Peerless for the Whitehall Transportation Company.
In 1916, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Edmond J. Moran.
In 1939, she was acquired by the Hall Tug and Barge Company. Where the tug was renamed as the A.B. Hall.
Her current, and, or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 150 horsepower.