Built in 1920, by the Gibbs Gas Engine Company of Jacksonville, Florida (hull #32) as the Cockatoo for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later acquired by the Goodwin Gallagher Sand and Gravel Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Fortune Pope.
In 1935, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as E. F. Moran Jr.
In 1953, the tug scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,935 horsepower.