Built in 1949, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull #443) as the Barbara Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
The tug was the third of series of five Grace Moran class tugs. Designed by Naval Architect Joe Hack. And, built by the Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas. For the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. The series of tugs, were often referred to as "Moran's Cadillacs."
In 1971, the tug was transferred to the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. An affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Lambert Point.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation. Where the tug was renamed as the Georgia Moran.
In 2004, the tug was scrapped. Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel electric engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,750 horsepower.
(Don Waldeck, Hugh Ware, David Boone, George Barrett)