Built in 1893, at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the William J. Sewell.
In 1899, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1904, she was sold. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1908, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Enterprise. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.