Built in 1919, by by Burger Boats of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #32) as the Spaniel for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Grove E. Warner.
In 1925, she was acquired by the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the John A. Meseck.
The Meseck Towing and Transportation Company later renamed the tug as the William F. Meseck.
In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1954, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.