Built in 1943, by Pennsylvania Shipyard of Beaumont, Texas (hull #105) as the White Shoal for the United States Navy.
She was a A V4-M-A1 class tug. A 186(ft) oceangoing tug, of which forty-nine were built for the United States Navy. By various shipyards throughout the United States for wartime service.
In 1943, the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York was contracted to man and operate the tug for the United States Navy.
In 1946, she was returned to the United States Navy.
In 1975, the tug was sold to an undisclosed buyer. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was single screw tug, rated at 2,250 horsepower.