Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
SUSAN A. MORAN (1892)

Built in 1892, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #316) as the C.N. Kimpland for the W.M. S. Beard Company of New York, New York.

In 1916, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Susan A. Moran.

In 1922, she was acquired by Hiram W. Truitt of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed the Natalie.

She was eventually sold. Where she was renamed as the Diamond S.

In 1939, the tug was acquired by the Olsen Water and Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Marion Olsen.

The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: SUSAN A. MORAN (1892)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 126826
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 316
  • Ship Builder: John H. Dialogue and Son
  • Year Built: 1892
  • Length: 91.1
  • Hull Depth: 11.4
  • Hull Breadth: 22.0
  • Gross Tonnage: 131
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    C.N. Kimpland, Susan A. Moran, Natalie, Diamond S., Marion Olsen
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    W.M. S. Beard Co., Moran Towing Co., Hiram W. Truitt, Olsen Water and Towing Co.