Built in 1920, by the Consolidated Shipbuilding Company of Morris Heights, New York (hull #2472) as the Drayman for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Atlantic Highlands.
She was eventually acquired by the Amboy Towboat Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the St. Lawrence.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1956, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.