Built in 1943, by Gibbs Gas Engine Company of Jacksonville, Florida as the YT-179 (Lone Wolf) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on the 5th June, 1942 and the tug was launched on September 21st, 1942. The tug was commissioned on April 6th, 1943, and allocated to the 1st Naval District at Newport, Rhode Island. On May 15th, 1944, she was redesignated as the YTB-179 (Lone Wolf).
However, on December 10th, 1946. After a collision with USS Caloosahatchee (AO-98), the tug sank. She was later raised and salvaged.
In 1948, the tug was disposed of as surplus and sold. Where she was renamed as the Toro.
Later that year, she was acquired by New Haven Transport (Dalzell Towing and Transportation) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzelleader.
In 1965, Dalzell Towing was acquired by McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Victoria McAllister.
The tug sank in 1988, and was raised. However, she was scrapped in 1992.
She was a single screw tug rated at 1,000 horsepower.