Built in 1919, by Northwest Engineering of Green Bay, Wisconsin as the Sampson for the United States Shipping Board.
In 1926, the tug was transferred to the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YT-114 (Choctaw).
In 1937, she was acquired by the Amboy Towboat Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the St. George.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1956, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 450 horsepower.