Built in 1947, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #273) as the Captain Chris Harms for Harms Marine Services Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1964, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company subsidy. The Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Sandy Point.
In 1980, she was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Lillian Smith.
In 1991, the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company renamed the tug as the Fort Conde.
In 1994, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,000 horsepower.