Built in 1943, by the Platzer Iron Works Company of Houston, Texas as the R.J. Gough.
The tug was later sold, and renamed as the Republic No. 2.
She was eventually acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1968, she was sold. And, renamed as the Tina.
She was later sold, and renamed as the Lark. And, then as the Christa Bliss.
The tug was eventually acquired by the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Capt. Jim.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.