Built in 1886, at Athens, New York as the R.J. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1926, the tug was acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed the Richard Card.
In 1929, she was acquired by the Cahill Towing and Lighterage Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the McCarren Boys.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 150 horsepower.