Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
QUAKER
Pictured as: the Sea Quest Photo courtesy of: Vince Cucina

Built in 1902, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #377) as the Newcastle for Charles E. Davis of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The tug was later acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Quaker.

In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1978, she was acquired by the Eastern Shore Marine Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug retained her name.

The tug was eventually acquired by interests based in Georgetown, Guyana. Where the tug was renamed as the Sea Quest.

In 1998, the tug was acquired by an individual named Gerald M. Voynik. Where the tug was renamed as the Companion.

In 1998, she was acquired by an individual named Brian Newton of Mystic, Connecticut. Where the tug was renamed as the Fatima.

In 2001, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 615 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: QUAKER
  • USCG Doc. No.: 1309580
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise, Unrestricted Registry
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 377
  • Ship Builder: John H. Dialogue and Son
  • Year Built: 1902
  • Length: 80.8
  • Hailing Port: MYSTIC, CT.
  • Hull Depth: 20.5
  • Hull Breadth: 10
  • Gross Tonnage: 118
  • Net Tonnage: 80
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Newcastle, QUAKER, COMPANION, Sea Quest, FATIMA
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Charles E. Davis, Curtis Bay Towing Co., Moran Towing Co., Eastern Shore Marine Services Inc., BRIAN NEWTON, GERALD M VOYNIK