Built in 1943, by the Puget Sound Bridge and Drydock Company of Seattle, Washington as the YTL-361 for the United States Navy.
In 1960, the tug was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where the tug was renamed Roland Foss.
In 1976, she was acquired by an undisclosed interest based in Alaska. Where she was renamed as Chippewa.
She was later acquired by an individual named Donald C. Dana of Renton, Washington. Where the tug was restored, and renamed as the Donald Robert.
In 2014 the tug was acquired by and individual named Daniel King of Edmonds, Washington. Where renamed as the Chippewa.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 400 horsepower.