Built in 1910, by Skinner Shipbuilding and Drydock of Baltimore, Maryland (hull #145) as the Lynnhaven for the Tugboat Lynnhaven Company of Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1925, the tug was acquired by the Norfolk Southern Railway Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug retained her name. She operated for the company until 1935.
In 1942, she was acquired by the P.F. Martin Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she retained her name.
In 1948, the P.F. Martin Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name
In 1957, she was scrapped. Powered by a single, steam engine, she was rated at 550 horsepower.