Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
OLA G. OLSEN

Built in 1916, by A.C. Brown and Son of Tottenville, New York as the the Maren Lee for the Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co. of New York, New York.

The tug was later requisitioned by the United States Quartermaster Corps. Where the tug initially retained her name.

However, the United States Quartermaster Corps. renamed the tug as the Col. Clayton.

The tug was eventually returned to the Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co. of New York, New York. Where the tug as renamed as the Maren Lee.

The tug was then acquired by the Olsen Water and Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Ola G. Olsen.

In 1950, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1955, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 300 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: OLA G. OLSEN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 214489
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: A.C. Brown and Son
  • Year Built: 1916
  • Length: 76.8
  • Hull Depth: 10.3
  • Hull Breadth: 24.3
  • Gross Tonnage: 132
  • Net Tonnage: 90
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Maren Lee, Maren Lee, Col. Clayton, Maren Lee, Ola G. Olsen
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co., United States Quartermaster Corps., Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co., Olsen Water and Towing Co., Moran Towing Co.