Built in 1943, by General Ship of East Boston, Massachusetts (hull #405) as the Moose Park for the United States Navy.
She was a A V4-M-A1 class tug. A 186(ft) oceangoing tug, of which forty-nine were built for the United States Navy. By various shipyards throughout the United States for wartime service.
In 1943, the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York was contracted to man and operate the tug for the United States Navy.
In 1969, the tug was acquired by the Mexican Navy. Where the tug was designated as the R4.
In 1974, she sank. The tug was single screw, rated at 2,500 horsepower.