Built in 1936, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #74) as the Marie S. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1961, the tug was acquired by the African Petroleum Terminal Company of Lagos, Nigeria. Where the tug was renamed as the Afpet 5.
The tug is no longer listed in any documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 550 horsepower.