Built in 1920, by A.C. Brown and Son of Tottenville, New York as the Prowess for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later acquired by the Central Railroad of New Jersey of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Belmar.
In 1937, she was acquired by the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Madelyne J. Meseck.
In 1954, the Merck Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.