Built in 2008, by C and G Boatworks Incorporated of Mobile, Alabama (hull #101) as the Capt. Jimmy T. Moran for the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut.
She was the first tractor tug built for the Moran Towing Corporation by C and G Boat works.
The tug was designed by Jensen Maritime Consultants of Seattle, Washington. Her design was was originally conceived for work in the Panama Canal however, that contract was never developed. The Moran Towing Corporation took an interest in the design, with the provision that an extra 8(ft) could be added for more engine room space.
Powered by two MTU 16V4000 diesel engines. With, Lufkin MV1600S marine reduction gears at a ratio of 2:1. Turning two Schottel SRP 1215 "z-drives" outfitted with 94(in), four bladed propellers. For a rated at 5,100 horsepower.
She is outfitted with a 50 horsepower electric, Markey DEPC-48 winch on her bow. The winch is further aft from on the bow than some other tugs. This was designed with the intention of improving the tug's escort capabilities. With the winch moved aft, the bow staple was relocated further aft, as well. The intention, was to position the center of the of the skeg (on the underside of the hull) and the staple point as close as possible. With the idea that the boat the boat would snap back into a head position instead of trying to pull the stern around, in the event of any emergency. The tug also features a raised deck at the stern, and a shorter deckhouse.