Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
HAROLD F. O'BRIEN

Built in 1919, at Brooklyn, New York as the E.P. Morse for the Knickerbocker Towing Company of New York, New York.

In 1921, the tug was acquired by the Avondale Towing Line of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Michael Tracy.

In 1930, the tug was acquired by O'Brien Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Harold F. O'Brien.

The tug was later acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1962, she was acquired by the Norfolk Dredging Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug as renamed as the Chesapeake.

In 1973, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Rum Point. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug rated at 800 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: HAROLD F. O'BRIEN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 217941
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Year Built: 1919
  • Length: 100.8
  • Hull Depth: 13.1
  • Hull Breadth: 24.7
  • Gross Tonnage: 204
  • Net Tonnage: 62
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    E.P. Morse, Michael Tracy, Chesapeake, Rum Point
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Knickerbocker Towing Co., Avondale Towing Line Inc., O'Brien Towing Co., Curtis Bay Towing Co., Moran Towing Co., Norfolk Dredging Co.,