Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Sons of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1304) as the DPC-16 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Gremlin.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1968, she was acquired by the St. Phillip Coastal Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the Alice St. Philip.
In 1971, the tug was acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Honcho.
In 1994, she was acquired by Pacific International Marine Incorporated of Homer, Alaska. Where the tug was retained her name.
In 2004, the tug went out of documentation and was abandoned in the harbor at Homer, Alaska. She was then scrapped at Homer in 2011.
She was a single screw tug. Rated at 700 horsepower.