Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
GEORGE A. KEOGH

Built in 1920, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the Force for the United States Shipping Board.

The tug was eventually sold, where she was renamed as the Asbury Park.

In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1956, the tug was dismantled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: GEORGE A. KEOGH
  • USCG Doc. No.: 220239
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: A.C. Brown and Sons
  • Year Built: 1920
  • Length: 94.2
  • Hull Depth: 13.2
  • Hull Breadth: 25.0
  • Gross Tonnage: 213
  • Net Tonnage: 144
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Force, Asbury Park, George A. Keogh
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Shipping Board, Meseck Towing and Transportation, Moran Towing Co.