Built in 1953, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #346) as the Bethlehem for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1976, the tug was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Shannon Smith.
In 1978, she was acquired by the Turecamo Coastal and Harbor Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed Christopher B. Turecamo.
In 1998, Turecamo Coastal and Harbor Towing Corporation was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2014, the tug was acquired by an interest in Guyana. Originally powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel electric engine. In 1983, the tug was repowered with a single, Alco 251 diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,800 horsepower.