Built in 1943, by Decatur Iron and Steel Company of Decatur, Alabama (hull #DPC-47) as the DPC-47 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the F.F. Clain.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1978, she was acquired by the Carteret Towing Company of Carteret, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the Ben F. Royal.
The tug was sold, where she was renamed as the Susan Richards.
In 2000, the tug was acquired by the CRC Marine Service of Bristol, Rhode Island. Where the tug was renamed as the C-2.
In 2004, she was acquired by the Tug Warrior Incorporated of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Where the tug was renamed as the Warrior.
In 2009, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.