Built in 1900, by the Newfie and Levy, Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #931) as the DeWitt C. Ivins for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1920, the tug was acquired by the Morse Drydock and Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Ada Morse.
She was later acquired by the O'Brien Towing Company. Where the tug was renamed as the O'Brien Boys.
In 1935, the tug was acquired by the Russell Brothers Towing Company (Newtown Creek Towing Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Russell 4.
In 1936, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the G.H. Anderson. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 500 horsepower.