Built in 1958, by the Diesel Shipbuilding Company of Jacksonville, Florida as the Swift for the White Oak Corporation of Plainville, Connecticut.
In 2000, the tug was acquired by Mohawk Northeast Incorporated of Plantsville, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2008, Mohawk Northeast Incorporated acquired the Whaling City Dredge and Dock Company of Groton, Connecticut.
Powered by two Detroit Diesel 12-71 diesel engines. With TD521 reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.067:1. Turning two, fixed pitch, stainless steel, propellers. For a rated 850 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 20kW Norpro generator sets. The tug's capacities are 9,000 gallons of fuel, and 1,200 gallons of water.
The towing equipment consists of two 20 ton, mechanical deck winches. Outfitted with 100(ft) of 7/8(in) wire. And, a 20(in) hydraulic capstan.