Built in 1953, by Albina Engine and Machine Works of Portland, Oregon (hull #278) as the Tanana for the Alaska Railroad Corporation of Anchorage, Alaska
In 1966, she was acquired by the Northland Vessel Leasing Company of Anchorage, Alaska. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1980, the tug acquired by Crowley Marine Services of San Francisco, California. Where she retained her name.
In 2012, she was acquired by Nerka Transport of Dillingham, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Bella Catherine.
Powered by two Lugger 6170 diesel engines. Turning two 47(in) by 35(in) five bladed, fixed pitch propellers. For a rated 1,400 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by 75kW generator, driven by a Buda diesel engine. And, one 55kW John Deere generator, driven by a John Deere diesel engine.
The tug's capacities are 40,027 gallons of fuel, and 600 gallons of water. Her towing equipment consists of a 25 ton, center, electric, push winch. And, a 20 ton electric, P and S push winch.
The tug is no longer listed documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.